Vision & Mission
St Brigid’s has strong learning and academic traditions where each student is encouraged to take responsibility for their own learning in an environment that values knowledge and excellence. The College strives for the development of the whole person, integrating spiritual development, academic success, cultural awareness and sporting participation in the context of the Catholic tradition.
The St Brigid’s community is an inclusive one which seeks to provide all students with opportunities to achieve personal excellence in a broad range of curricular and co-curricular areas. This extended family of students, teachers and parents forms a community that is wholeheartedly committed to the Christian education of young adults.
This is reflected in the vision and mission of the College which form the foundations for the education provided to students at the College.
St Brigid’s College commits our community to being a safe, nurturing and learning environment within the Catholic and Brigidine traditions, where each of us grows to a personal fullness of faith and life.
We aim to:
- Create a community of faith which encourages and rejoices in the knowledge of our loving God.
- Actively promote spiritual growth through living according to Gospel values.
- Uphold the primacy of the safety and wellbeing of all our students by providing a supportive and engaging learning environment where each person may attain individual potential – spiritually, academically, culturally and physically.
- Encourage personal growth in self-confidence, integrity, compassion, respect and independence so that together we may welcome life’s challenges and diversity.
- Recognise and respond to the needs of individuals by building partnerships with College members, families, Parish and local community which will empower families, student and staff to have a voice and raise concerns.
- Challenge students to excellence through broad and comprehensive educational opportunities
- Implement rigorous risk management and employment practices.